The renewable energy industry is one of the most rapidly growing fields in America today. If you’re a motivated individual interested in a career on the cutting edge of smart energy technology, we encourage you to apply to Hudson Solar.
The staff at Hudson Solar is dedicated to delivering the absolute best to our customers—all while maintaining an open-minded and fun work environment. Alongside opportunities for professional and personal growth, we offer competitive benefits packages, comprehensive health insurance and profit-sharing plans.
Outside Solar Sales Consultant
Hudson Solar is growing and has immediate openings for additional outside solar sales consultants.
We are your local solar experts, dedicated to bringing solar energy to where we all live. Since 2003, Hudson Solar has served the Capital District, Hudson Valley, western Massachusetts and southern Vermont. Be part of a fun and hard-working team that has helped over 1,100 happy customers find easy and affordable solar solutions. Apply today!!!
- Selling solar electric (PV) systems in the Capital District
- Solicit and qualify new customers, perform initial site assessments, generate proposals and quotes for customers, educate customers on solar energy and its benefits, sell to customers and close orders at customers’ homes and businesses, build new sales leads through customer referrals
- Partner with inside sales to quickly qualify high volume of company generated leads
- Explain solar system incentives and financing options to customers
- Maintain customer relationship during installation process to generate referrals
- Log all communications and activities in the company’s CRM and keep it up to date at all times
- Attend weekly sales meetings or teleconferences
- Communicate effectively with marketing, inside sales, contract administration, engineering, and field operations to optimize safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction
- Attend out of town and after hours training sessions and sales events as required
- Constantly strive to improve tools and processes and share experiences with others
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, written communication, and organizational skills
- Strong sales skills; two years successful sales experience preferred, with professional sales training
- Motivated, over-achiever with a track record of success
- Strong computer skills, ability to prepare proposals and work efficiently with an on-line CRM; must have high speed internet at home
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle, clean and presentable
- Four year college degree highly preferred
- High integrity, and ability to instill trust and confidence in customers
- Strong desire to work for a professional, well-established local company
- Passionate about the environment and renewables, help move our region to a better energy future
- Flexible schedule, will include nights and weekends
- Competitive compensation with a combination of base and uncapped commission (This position is exempt commissioned outside sales)
- Paid training, we will train you to succeed
- Full company benefits package apply to this position;
- Health, dental and vision insurance availability;
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days;
- 401k saving plan
- profit sharing
Solar System Installer
Number of Openings: 6
Minimum Experience Required: 1 year
Job Description: This is an on-the-job training opportunity. Responsibilities: Work as part of an installation crew installing solar electric systems. Tasks include reading construction drawings and instructions, electrical work and wiring, excavation, layout and assembly of solar modules and mounting hardware on roofs and the ground, general construction in residential or commercial environments, documenting of completed work. Communicate effectively with managers and engineers to optimize safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction. Carefully follow established company installation processes and safety procedures. Constantly strive to improve tools and processes and share experiences with other crews. Requirements: General construction knowledge and experience. Electrical construction experience, residential or commercial wiring. Ability to work effectively in a small team and at a variety of customer sites. OSHA 10 hour training is desirable. BOCES or community college or equivalent solar electric training desirable. Ability to work on ladders and roofs mandatory. Ability to work outdoors. Carefully follow company safety and installation procedures. Maintain professional behavior and appearance in front of customers at all times. Provide own transportation to and from customer jobsites in the region. Smoking is not permitted on customer or company property or in company vehicles. Compensation and Hours: This is a full time hourly position. Normal hours are Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm with one hour lunch. Overtime is required at times. Pay range is $17 – 22 per hour dependent on experience. Must submit to background and driver’s license check Must have own tools Benefits include available health insurance, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick and personal days, and 401k. Location: Albany, New York (out of the company’s Wolf Road office).
Job Location: Albany, NY & Rhinebeck, NY
Pay: $17.00-$22.00 Hourly
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Retirement/Pension Plan
Hours per Week: 40
Duration: Full Time, Regular
Work Days: Monday through Friday
Shift: First (Day Shift)
Public Transportation: Public Transportation is not available.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma
Driver Licenses, Including Endorsements: Class D (Operator)
How to Apply:
Contact the employer by fax or email:
Fax: (845) 876-4200
Hudson Solar is growing and has an immediate opening for a Client Coordinator. This is a new position reporting the Manager of Finance and Operations Support in Rhinebeck.
- - Be the key contact for customers from contract signing through installation. Keep customers informed of their installation schedule, assist with and manage customers through financing paperwork, send customer invoices and collect payments, monitor customer responsibilities prior to system installation. Update information in the CRM.
- - Check customer internet monitoring systems regularly and alert service engineers to issues.
- - Provide back-up for processing customer contract packages, applying for and close out building permits, preparing utility application packages, submitting state paperwork on-line, processing post-installation customer and warranty paperwork.
- - Assist with record keeping, filing, office upkeep, run errands.
- - Assist with and perform simple tasks for the operations managers and engineers when requested.
- - Answer phones, receive visitors.
- - Communicate effectively and work closely with outside sales, engineering, and field operations to optimize safety, quality, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- - Good verbal and written communication skills, good email communication and organization.
- - Strong sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail. Ability to organize and keep track of the status and needs of numerous open customer projects.
- - Friendly and patient phone manner, good phone voice. Represent the company well at all times.
- - Ability to work quickly with the internet, CRM, word processing, spreadsheets.
- - Must be willing to sign the standard company confidentiality and non-compete agreement, and pass a pre-employment background check.
- - Strong interest in solar energy and helping our region move to adopting more of it.
- - Company policy does not permit smoking on company or customer property.
Compensation and Hours:
- - This is a full time position, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm with 1 hour lunch.
- - Compensation dependent on experience and growth potential.
- - Standard company benefits apply to this position; health, dental and vision insurance availability; paid vacation, holidays and sick days.
How to Apply:
Contact the employer by fax or email:
Fax: (845) 876-4200